Energy, Sustainability & Resiliency
KMEA’s team can determine the most cost-effective way to achieve LEED or Zero Net Energy by analyzing glazing options; daylight design; thermal comfort modeling; heating, ventilation, and air conditioning options; and renewable energy potential all combined to provide building owners with viable energy strategies that adhere to the budget and schedule.
The key to success is having these conversations early in design and, via whole-building energy modeling, creating an Energy Performance Options Analysis based on evaluation of:
- Air conditioning
- Operational choices
- Plug loads
- Variations in envelope
- Water heating
Our team will help owners quantify several dozen options and their interactions to tell the energy story. This way, owners can clearly understand how far they need to go, and which measures would make the most difference in progress toward a more sustainable site.
KMEA’s services include:
- ASHRAE Level I, II, and III Building Energy Audit Preliminary Assessments
- Building Retro Commissioning (RCx) Services
- Development of energy savings calculations related to energy efficiency improvements and maximization of utility rebates
- Greenhouse Gas Emission Inventory Support
- LEED and WELL Certification Administration Learn more...
- Life Cycle Assessments
- Measurement and Verification (M&V)/Monitoring Based Commissioning (MBCx) Learn more...
- Zero Net Energy (ZNE) Consulting